Since it was founded in 2001, Software Logistics has always operated on a pragmatic approach to building software that focuses on quickly implementing solutions that will stand the test of time, both in terms of scalability and flexibility. We have brought this same design philosophy to our NuvIoT enablement platform.
Here are some of the elements we kept in sharp focus when designing NuvIot:
- Currently, building real IoT applications is hard, requiring very specialized talents.
- Security must start with the infrastructure, it cannot be added on at a later time.
- Scalability can be achieved by dividing the problem into separate, independent
- High availability should be as simple as selecting a configuration.
- Each IoT application is a collection of building blocks, or microservices.
- With the right level of abstraction, similar microservices can be tailored to create
your IoT solution through configuration rather than coding.
- The majority of an IoT application can be assembled by connecting configured microservices.
- It is impossible to configure 100% of every requirement in a non-trivial system.
- Integration points should be provided to seamlessly add both scripts and custom code.
- Adding custom code allows developers to focus only on their specific needs without
concerning themselves with infrastructure.
- Just because something is not hard does not mean it is not industrial grade.